Going For a Walk-About

Given the recent and recurring interweb melodramas, my anger and sadness over the loss of Chgowiz's "Old Guy RPG" blog, and the incessant pressure of recent and recurring real-life melodramas, I'm feeling completely burned out. As a result, I've decided to take a break from the OSR blogosphere. The Rust Monster blog is - effective immediately - going on indefinite hiatus.

I'd like to think that over the last year-plus I've posted a lot of useful stuff, and I don't plan on taking any of it down. (At least not in the near future.) So there should be enough here to keep folks occupied in my absence. (Use the hard links and the label cloud to the right to find what you want.)

Take care, everyone.

. . . . .

Edit: If you're wondering about my motives behind this post, here's a fine example of why I'm in dire need of a fucking break (excerpted from comments to my previous post):

"If ChgoWiz is the voice of reason in the OSR blogsphere (read that as: incessant circlejerking pundits), then that collection of rabble needed a new spokesman anyway."

Ugh. Yet one more asshat with a smelly opinion - and this one wasn't even brave enough to leave his name with his oh-so brave words. Thanks, "Anonymous" - my opinion of human behavior just sank a little lower. Well, fuckwit, you've got a couple less "incessant circle[-]jerking pundits" in this "collection of rabble" to worry about. You and the other courageous trolls like you that see the need to turn anything decent on the Web to shit are welcome to it. Later!

. . . . .

Comments

  1. Enjoy your walk-about. I hope you manage to heal up and recharge. I hope to see both you and Chgowiz back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What David said.

    Enjoy your walk-about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon Voyage and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed with above. Recharge and don't be a stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't let the gutless bastards grind you down. That just lets them win and us lose. Hope you come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This whole thing has me all sorts of WTF, to be honest. I can understand and support your choice to take some steps back and time away.

    Come back soon and healed.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you will come back soon. It is unfortunate that a handful of loudmouths can drive away some of the most creative and prolific members of "this thing of ours."

    I also consider it unfortunate that the OSR - like every other Internet enterprise - is so plagued by trolls that the decent and well-meaning participants are shouted down and cave to the aforementioned loudmouths.

    Don't get me wrong. Sometimes it's best to turn the other cheek and just walk away, but it seems from my end of the 'net that the wrong people are leaving.

    Best wishes and fervent hopes for your speedy return.

    FotH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take your time man. Get your centre. We will be here when you get back. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've blogged for 7 years (in other fields) and there is no end to idiots who take the time to provide constructive feedback like that. Sometimes they're just really stupid and sometimes they act that way because they are trying to achieve certain ends. Like getting people to stop writing what they write.

    I know that it sounds banal, but you've got to just ignore them.

    Whatever you do, good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well hell, indeed.

    Thanks for not taking your blog down, at least. Hope to see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We lurkers wish you well too. Enjoy the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take care - hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a bummer. I essentially just discovered this community only to have several of my favorite contributors become fed up and pull up stakes. :\

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do what works for you but you're letting the "terrorists" win.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rest up and enjoy your walkabout. Thanks for leaving your blog up for us to reread while you're recuperating.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Take care, get some rest, but don't take too long.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dude, like..NO.

    The only reply I want to give on this is here (sorry for the link-whoring)

    http://basicfantasist.blogspot.com/2010/03/here-rusty-rusty-rustyi-got-some-tasty.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment